Out of the total sulfur in the air, 99 % sulfur cause is human activities. Globally, India is no. 1 country which produces pollutant sulfur dioxide. Out of the total sulfur put in the air globally, India alone produces 15% of sulfur dioxide. After that, countries such as Russia, China, Mexico, Iran, Saudia Arabia, and South Africa are the main ones producing SO2.
Sources of sulfur dioxide:
- Burning of the coal used in the thermal power plants
- Burning of any other fuel
- Released in the air by industries
- Steamer, locomotive engine, and the furnace which is filtered the raw metal are also sources of the SO2.
- volcano explosion also threw out the gases and particles in the air Which may contain the sulfur dioxide.
Effects of so2 on our body
- SO2 affect the nose, throat, and the lungs during breathing.
- sometimes SO2 causes store waste in the lungs. Because of this, lung efficiency is reduced over a long time.
- Headache can occur if SO2 is constantly inhaled for a few minutes.
- The irritation in eyes, damage in the breathing tube, diseases of hearts, influence the digestion system, etc may occur due to the continuous contact of SO2.